VBS week at church!!!
Who cares if I'm 23 now, or I can barely be involved at church because of work. I will always come back for VBS! My church puts on the best VBS out there (well, in my opinion at least). We go all out, pull out all the stops for it. It's a big deal. Some of my favorite memories as a kid are from VBS.
I worked Sat/Sun/Mon this week. Wow, what a rough three days! I had a tech team with six patients all three days, which was pretty rough. Thankfully not an awful time of it, but it was definitely rough and I had to take a good three hour nap today to recover. I work Thursday, then will be off for another three days. Still don't think I'm ready to return to the 3-in-a-row schedule though. I thought it might not be so bad, but yep it is.
Also, it looks like I'm pre-hypertensive. In other words, if I don't shape up (literally) I'm gonna have high blood pressure at way too young of an age-- I'm on my way there (and I'm not sure if it's related to the stress at work, or to my eating/non-exercise habits or both). I feel very stuck in a rut right now with my exercise and eating habits. I have come to a defiant acceptance of my body the way it is, and honestly I really am ok with myself right now. Last week someone even told me that they've never met someone my size (and they honestly meant this as a compliment) who is so secure in it. When I say my size, I'll just go ahead and say it's a size 10. Not fat, not skinny. But, definitely not healthy for me. So, how to find a happy medium of accepting myself the way I am while still making efforts to be healthier and not go the route of obsession with diet and exercise? I've been there before, and it's the most miserable place to be! I think people wonder why I go ahead and eat whatever I want to, (they probably think I'm disgusting) but it's because I've been in a worse place before with food. I'd rather have this kind of relationship with food than the kind that will have me starved with electrolyte imbalances and no boobs. But then, skinny is much hotter than being chubs. Ugh, why does it all matter anyway? Why is it an issue at all???
Well, off to bed and back to VBS in the morning! It should be fun!
1 comment:
Pinewood's VBS is the best, hands down. And having been involved with several other church's VBS's, I can safely say that ... whenever Mom and I get involved, we try to make it like those always were. And yeah, I loved them, too!
Post a Comment