A great contradiction in my life... I absolutely hate change. Good change, bad change, I just don't like when something new comes along to interrupt the way things are going. I almost always get upset when this happens.
Yet I have lately begun to grow tired of life. The sameness, the monotony of it. Day in and day out, my life is very much the same. I wake up at 4:30 for work, get home around 8:00 pm. Get up and do it again, then a few days off. Rest and recuperation, maybe a night with friends. Then work again, and so on and so forth. I complain about it all the time, but really, it's a great life.
So, the next time change comes knocking on my door, I'm sure I'll probably fight it like always. Unless that change involves a tall, dark, and handsome bachelor, of course. ;)
And so, life goes ever on. Right now, I'm ok with where it's at. Ok, though not necessarily happy or content. But I think I have come to an acceptance of life's monotony. Mrs. Sutton, a mother figure of mine, once told me that life is very ordinary--- and you learn to enjoy its regularity. It has probably been since my freshman year of college that she has told me that, but I have always carried it with me. Up until that point, I had expected great adventures to come my way. And they still may, but I think you have to just look at life as an adventure: and one that changes from one stage of life to the next. Nothing is forever the same except for God, of course.
Drinks at Chili's tonight with Lauren and possibly Sara. That, as well as a Kercher/Bear Starbucks morning, and beach day yesterday, will have made for a pretty good couple of days off.
No comments:
Post a Comment