Monday, May 3, 2010

Well, if I wanted summer to come fast, I got it. Highs in the 90s, and good old humidity just like always. Even a few thunderstorms interspersed, which I LOVE! At least evenings are still cool enough to tolerate, although that won't last long. Believe me, I will be ready for fall and winter before you know it.

Speaking of fall, Allison and I have a plan in the works for a trip to DC and the general area in October. I am sooo excited, and can't WAIT. How many months until October? Still five months away, bummer. In the meantime, I do get a trip to my grandparents' in July for their 60th. I have asked off a whole 10 days at work (still don't know if I got it or not) and I am hoping to get to see most of the family while I'm up there. It's been since Christmas '08 that I've been up there, and since I know I won't be able to go up this Christmas either, I'm making it a point to go this summer.

The last two days of work have been amazingly good. I mean, GOOD! Not just ok, or "not terrible," but good. I know that it's probably not going to be like that again for a long time, but I was so grateful and relieved to have a couple like that. Maybe it'll be a trend, but I highly doubt it. The worst thing you can do is walk in thinking it's going to be a good day, because those are usually among the worst. In the meantime, today I am going to rest up. I have stayed up too late and slept in way too late, which always throws me off.

Saw another good movie this week: The Young Victoria. I loved it! It was very romantic, but not over the top cheesy. Just a really sweet story. You should watch it.

Here's to hoping (but not expecting) another good couple of days at work.

No comments: