Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Yesterday, I cooked.

I realize that this probably seems so strange that this is such a big deal to post about, but it is.  I have not cooked once since last July.  Yes, seriously.

Why?  For some reason, I couldn't.  Call it a combination of my depression and dealing with my eating disorder issues, I just had no motivation, energy, or will to cook for months.  No matter how hard I tried.  Yes, ingredients were often bought and then thrown out after not being used.

So yesterday while I was standing in the kitchen, chopping up vegetables and herbs, I felt a little bit of myself returning.  Cooking felt good and right again.  I was listening to music and singing along just like I always used to, and it felt joyful.

And I can't believe how excited I am that this small part of me has finally come back.  I enjoyed it and wasn't just doing it because I had to.

Yay for the small (HUGE!) victories!

No comments: