Monday, June 27, 2016

Ironman 70.3 FINISHER!

Ironman 70.3 Coeur d'Alene IN THE BOOKS!

Where do I even begin?  I am still riding the wave of post-race euphoria at this point... I finished, and I finished strong!

Leading up to this race I had thoughts of a DNF plaguing me.  Constantly.  Of course now that the race is over and I finished, I laugh at that but it was truly a worry I had.  It's easy in retrospect to wonder those things, but I had never put my body through anything this difficult before and had no idea how well it would withstand it.

Swim: 40:09
Bike: 3:43:47 (potty break included)
Run: 2:15:57
Overall time: 6:56:21

I will share more about the race itself later.  I am just enjoying the satisfaction today of having finished the race so strong and so well.  I am amazed at the human body and what it can withstand.  How strong and resilient it is.  Three years ago when I turned 26, I told myself that my late twenties were going to be better than my early twenties.  I was tired of how unhealthy I felt, how slow and sluggish I felt.  I started with 2-mile walks.  That was all I could handle.  Much has happened between now and then to get me where I am... but here I am three years later, 29 years old and swimming 1.2 miles, biking 56, and running 13.1!  All in succession!  The human body is incredible!

Today is a total recovery day.  And I'm going to enjoy it.

No comments: