Tuesday, April 5, 2016
I realize it has been over a month since my last dismal entry, which probably left anyone who reads this wondering.
Update: I am doing much, much better. Turns out there were some physiological things that were contributing to my issues, and the past few weeks have been so much better for me. And I am thankful.
I am on my fifth week of my training plan for my Ironman 70.3 in June. I can't believe how quickly it has already gone. It is definitely a huge challenge some days to get it in. Six days a week of training when you work twelve hour shifts is no easy task. Admittedly there are days I work out and wonder if it's even worth it to get it in that day, due to being so tired. I'm hopeful it will pay off, as most days I would rather just come home from work and immediately crawl into bed like I used to.
The most discouraging part of training so far for me has been the biking. I don't know if I'll ever be a strong cycler. In many ways I feel very weak overall as a triathlete. Many people have their strength, and I feel I am "just average" at all of it. I suppose for me I am glad that swimming isn't a weakness, as that seems to be the trend among most triathletes. And obviously I'm not doing this to win. At this point a finish is going to be a win for me. Not to mention a stubborn foot issue I have been dealing with and can't seem to shake.
Life otherwise is fairly uneventful these days. And I'm ok with that. We'll see where it takes me over the next few months. Two of my sisters will be visiting me at the end of the month, which I am so excited about! I've got the Bloomsday race coming up in May, which I'm looking forward to crushing last year's time! (hopefully)
I'm not even sure anyone still reads this blog anymore, but I do like to keep it updated here and there! Here's hoping life is treating you well also!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment