Though I feel settled, there's also much that feels up in the air right now. It's odd how things can be so secure yet so insecure at the same time. I guess that's how life is. We think we have a plan, we think we know how things are going to turn out, but it's always waiting to shake things up a bit. At least it's never boring that way.
It's been fun living in a new part of the country, experiencing the seasons. Yesterday morning we had our first snow. Now, I've seen snow many times before. But that "first snow" of the season, well it's kind of magical. It started around 5:30 yesterday morning while we were at work. And our co-workers thought it was hilarious that we could be so excited over something like the first snow, but I think it's going to be something that never ceases to excite me! Of course I know by March I'm going to be more than ready for warm weather. I like changing seasons... THAT'S why I chose to move to a place that has all four!
In other news, my foot seems to have finally healed up. An almost four month ordeal. I never did get it x-rayed but I'm certain it was broken... or very badly sprained, by how long it has taken to heal. Forcing myself to rest and not push it with exercise has been a challenge. In fact, I did get back out there for a bit and paid for it. So now that I'm sufficiently out of shape and all rested up, I'm looking forward to getting back out there a little more slowly. Unfortunately, doing it while the weather is freezing up is going to be extra fun. Good thing I enjoy being out in it! (No really)
And holy cow, did I forget to mention I got a kitten?! His name is Mister Allen. A sweet, fluffy grey tabby kitty. I've had many people comment that he looks like a Maine Coon, and after a lot of research I think they are right. Or at least he is a mix. But one of the oddest cats I've ever had, quite honestly. The other day I dropped a piece of apple on the ground, and he started eating it. In fact he wants to eat pretty much everything he can get his paws on. He drinks tons and tons of water (a characteristic of Maine Coons, I have found out). And just his personality is so different from any other cat I've had. Plus-- he's huge! He's already almost doubled in size since I got him three weeks ago.
So otherwise, there's not really much else to report here.
No comments:
Post a Comment