Saturday, August 2, 2014

Overdue Update

I have somehow managed to go all of June and all of July without one post.  This blog has definitely fallen to the wayside, which I hate as I would like for it to be a way for me to keep friends and family updated.  Although Facebook and instagram allow for that, I find that I love the idea of sitting down and taking the time to actually think about how I am doing, what I have been doing, what direction I am/would like to be going, etc.  A blog is just more personal.  And as most introverts tend to do, I just express myself best in writing.  Not to say I am a good writer.  Far from it, but I do enjoy it.

But when life gets full and busy, these things do take a back burner to the rest of it.  I don't even know if it's worth trying to give any sort of update, but in a nutshell, summer in Spokane has been awesome!  We found a place in town (we were previously living pretty far outside of town) back in June, and being close to work as well as just the rest of the city has been great.  Since May I've visited Montana, North Dakota, started dating an awesome guy (eventually perhaps you will find out more... but I like to keep things somewhat private), moved into Spokane, turned 27, taken a trip to Portland, highlighted my hair for the first time, (my hair actually has blonde in it now!) visited Silverwood Theme Park (largest theme park in the Northwest), biked the Route of the Hiawatha, worked A TON, and oh yeah... traded my car, Ron, in for a new Rav4!

So there you have it, a condensed version of my summer so far.  I'm still loving it out here in Washington.  A life of not dealing with humidity, constant (CONSTANT) oppressive heat, daily thunderstorms, or keeping one eye on the weather channel for hurricanes is quite foreign to me.  We have had a few weeks of surprisingly hot weather, but without the humidity it is still somewhat bearable.  Learning to live with it and not having central AC is another story!  I'm ready for some cooler temps, and soon!  Heat is 80% WHY I left Florida!

I will make attempts to actually keep up with this blog.  In the meantime, I'm really enjoying my time out here in the Northwest!

No comments: